Your pathway into clinical research: online training and 6 face-to-face weekend sessions with PAREXEL experts in Berlin (Germany). Drug Development, Regulatory Affairs, Conducting Clinical Trials, Clinical Logistics, Clinical Data Management, Project Management
About the programThe Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management is a compact, part-time program comprised of six modules:
- Drug Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Conducting Clinical Trials
- Clinical Logistics
- Clinical Data Management
- Project Management (new module)
- Six months part-time
- Taught entirely in English
- Mixture of online and face-to-face training
- Six face-to-face weekend sessions (Friday –Sunday) in Berlin
Who is this program for
- English speaking Graduates of the Life Sciences
- Career movers interested in working in Clinical Research
- Professionals in the pharmaceutical industry wishing to deepen their knowledge of Clinical Research
- Recent graduates without work experience may apply
- At least a Bachelor degree in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Life Sciences or related major.
- Applicants require level C1 English skills.
- Applicants who attained their degrees in a non-English medium university must take part in a telephone cross-check.
- Applicants are required to submit an updated CV through our application form.
Webinar about our Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management
Meet the Program Management Staff and enjoy a short presentation about the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management. Luciana answers questions about the course and give some insight about the Clinical Research Industry.
What is it about?
Find out more about PAREXEL International, the program structure and contents, as well as possible career pathways.
YOUR LECTURER FOR DRUG DEVELOPMENT
Dr. Matthias Grossmann
VP and Principal Consultant Early Phase
- PhD in Clinical Pharmacology
- Board certified specialist in clinical pharmacology, clinical physiology and pathophysiology
- 15 years of medical experience
- 15 years of experience in Clinical Research
YOUR LECTURER FOR REGULATORY AFFAIRS
Consultant Academic Affairs
- Master's Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Licensed Pharmacist (Switzerland and Germany)
- 12 years of experience as a Hospital Pharmacist
- 10 years of experience in Clinical Research
YOUR LECTURER FOR CONDUCTING CLINICAL TRIALS
Senior Clinical Research Associate
- MSc Biology
- 9 years of experience with clinical monitoring and operations
- PAREXEL Academy Graduate (2007)
- Clinical trial experience covers Phase IIPhase IV studies
- Therapeutic areas: Pulmonology, cardiology and oncology
YOUR LECTURER FOR CLINICAL LOGISTICS
Dr. Pia Schmidt
Portfolio Operations Leader
- PhD in Molecular Biology
- MSc in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- PAREXEL Academy Graduate (2006)
- 9 years experience in Clinical Research
- 5 years research experience in Medical Microbiology
YOUR LECTURER FOR DATA MANAGEMENT
Associate Director, Clinical Database Programming'
- MSc. in Information Science and Economy
- 20+ years experience in Clinical Research
- With extensive experience in Data Management, Project Management, Clinical Logistics, Technology Implementation and Technical Training
YOUR LECTURERS FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Associate Director, Project Management
- Working in Clinical Research for over 15 years
- Currently leading a team of 6 project managers, covering phase I-III studies in different indications
- Also Trainer for ICH/GCP courses and BSc in Clinical Research at the PAREXEL Academy
- LinkedIn profile
Early Phase Operational Leader
- BSc in Clinical Research from the PAREXEL Academy/University of Wales
- Substantial experience in managing international teams in single- and two-site Early Phase studies
- Responsible for operational aspects of the alliance with one of PAREXEL’s key accounts in EP
- Development and delivery of trainings to Project Managers and other departments worldwide
Who should take part in the program and what are the requirements?
- The Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management program is a part-time program aimed at working professionals who are graduates from the Life Sciences.
- Undergraduate, Master and PhD level qualifications in the Life Sciences are accepted.
- Applications from recent graduates are welcome.
- No previous work experience in Clinical Research or Clinical Trial Management is necessary.
How good do my English language skills really need to be?
All the course materials and of course the entirety of the face-to-face weekend sessions in Berlin will be conducted in English.
To ensure that you enjoy your experience of the program to the fullest, and to ensure that you benefit from the input that program participants bring to the classroom, we ask that your English be certified to Level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or equivalent.
If you are not sure if your English level is sufficient to join the program, please get in contact with the Program Management staff to discuss the issue.
Do I need a Visa to enter Germany to complete the face-to-face block seminars in Berlin?
Depending on your country of residence, you might need a visa to enter Germany to participate in your chosen PAREXEL Academy program. For further information, please contact your local German Embassy.
Can I continue working in my current job during the remote learning components?
Yes. During the remote learning components students are provided with recorded presentations and tasks to complete, which can be reviewed and completed according to your personal schedule within the learning weeks assigned. An assessment to confirm that you have completed this part of each module will need to be completed within certain deadlines. The workload (hours needed for completion) during the remote learning components is estimated at 15 hours per module.
Please refer to the program calendar for further details.
Will I get a job at PAREXEL upon completion of the program?
There is no guarantee of subsequent employment at PAREXEL. However, the Program Management staff is committed to ensuring that your visibility as a candidate is at its highest.
What are the application procedures?
Eligible candidates are encouraged to submit an online application via our website including:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages)
- Degree certificates
If you wish to submit multiple documents evidencing your academic achievements under the 'Degree certificates' upload function, simply join the documents together in a single PDF file and submit them that way.
After submitting your application you will be taken to the confirmation page on our website, which means that your application was successful. In case you are unsure about whether or not your documents were correctly uploaded, please contact PAREXEL Academy.
Our Selection Panel will discuss the applications received and invite candidates with a matching profile to a telephone interview.
There is no need to participate in an assessment center to take part in the program. Our Selection Panel will assess your suitability based on the strength of the documentation you submit. You will be informed of the success of your application shortly after the phone interview has been conducted.
Why was this program established?
The Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management was developed as a bridge between science and industry. The increasing growth in the field of Clinical Research and Contract Research Organizations make this an exciting industry. This program provides working professionals with exclusive industry insights and a solid academic foundation in the field of Clinical Trial Management.
How is the program taught?
The program is made up of 6 modules including
- Drug Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Conducting Clinical Trials
- Clinical Logistics
- Clinical Data Management
- Project Management
The modules are taught in part-time format over the course of 6 months (one module per month). Students will complete online components before attending face-to-face block seminars at the PAREXEL Academy facilities in Berlin, Germany from Friday to Sunday once every month.
How much of my time should I calculate to complete each module (workload)?
There is a three-week long remote learning phase where participants will need to undertake course content in the form of readings and exercises as well as studying presentations. Approximately 15 hours should be set aside for completing the tasks required for each module during the remote learning phase.
The Face-to-Face seminars take place from Friday to Sunday from 9am until 6pm.
Please view the course calendar for exact dates.
Who will teach me?
Your trainers are senior industry specialists from PAREXEL International or other CROs.
How many students are enrolled in each program?
The program has an average of 12 to 15 participants per course. The PAREXEL Academy will only commence with a program once 8 successful applicants have enrolled.
Where do the Live Training sessions take place?
The face-to-face Live Training sessions take place at the PAREXEL Academy in Berlin, Germany, at the following address:
Am Bahnhof Westend 15
Students are required to arrange visas, accommodation and cover the costs of travel to and from Berlin by themselves.
Is funding available for the program?
Unlike the intensive, German language Weiterbildung Clinical Monitoring - Clinical Trial Management program, funding is not available from the German Federal Employment Agency. There are no scholarships available to cover or reduce the costs of tuition. Participants are expected to cover the costs of tuition independently.
How do I pay the program tuition fees?
The tuition fees can be paid in a single payment or divided into six installments (to be paid monthly). We also generally offer different discounts for the program, which are announced on our website and social media.
Total cost of the program: 6.100€ (incl. VAT)
Monthly installments: 1.017€ (incl. VAT)
You will receive an electronic invoice shortly before the program starts. If you decide to pay in installments, you will receive one electronic invoice every month during the program's duration.
How can I get practical skills or training during the program? Are there opportunities for internships?
The part-time Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management is conceived for those currently working in professional roles but looking to enter the field of Clinical Research.
Given the depth of commitment necessary to meet the objectives of the program alongside the requirements of a profession, it is not planned for participants to undertake practical experience during the program in an internship format.
We encourage applicants to independently seek internship or career entry opportunities that take place after completion of the program.
Are the learning outcomes of this program transferable? Will I be able to find a job at PAREXEL after completing the program?
The Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management provides graduates with a thorough understanding of clinical trials. The six-module format will produce learning outcomes that address core competencies in Clinical Research. Once put into practice they will form the basis of transferrable skills and valuable knowledge for use in a role in the Clinical Research industry.
We cannot guarantee a job at PAREXEL upon completion of the program. However, we are confident that graduates will be competitive when applying for entry level roles in Clinical Research. Our program bridges the gap between totally inexperienced job seekers and experienced staff, who simply do not exist in sufficient quantities. In a rapidly expanding job market, this gives PAREXEL Academy graduates a significant advantage over candidates with no relevant knowledge or qualifications.
In addition, ALL graduates who are currently looking for a job and have performed sufficiently well will have their profiles made available to PAREXEL hiring managers, ensuring that their visibility as candidates is at its highest.
Are any scholarships available to undertake the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management?
We offer participants the opportunity to pay the tuition fees in monthly installments. Apart from this special arrangement, there is no opportunity for alternative tuition fee reductions or scholarships.