Part-time professional certification program from PAREXEL and NUSAGE. Online training and 4 face-to-face weekend sessions in Singapore: Regulatory Affairs, Conducting Clinical Trials, Data Management and Logistics, Effective Reporting.
Program language: English
About the program
The program is taught completely in English as a mixture of online and face-to-face training, requiring participants to be in Singapore once per module. It consists of 4 modules taught over a 4-month period:
- Regulatory Affairs (Guidelines and Laws in Clinical Research)
- Conducting Clinical Trials (Monitoring and Quality Assurance)
- Clinical Data Management and Clinical Logistics
- Effective Reporting - from Lab to Market
Closely combining theory and practice, the program ensures a broad knowledge of all key areas of clinical research. On completion of the program, you can expect to work as a Clinical Monitor (Clinical Research Associate), Data Manager, Logistics Manager or Quality Manager.
Who is this program for?
- Career entrants / fresh graduates
- Industry newcomers
- Anyone currently working in the medical or scientific field, seeking a career change
- Industry professionals wishing to update, extend or deepen their understanding of clinical research
- Relevant science degree (e.g. biology, pharmaceutical science, medicine, chemistry, nutritional sciences, mathematics, physics)
- Very good written and spoken English (Language test required (IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL iBT score 94) if prior studies not completed in English
- Strong communication skills
YOUR LECTURER FOR REGULATORY AFFAIRS
Bettina Merz-Nideroest Consultant Academic Affairs PAREXEL Academy
- Master's Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Licensed Pharmacist (Switzerland and Germany)
- 12 years of experience as a Hospital Pharmacist
- 10 years of experience in Clinical Research
YOUR LECTURER FOR CONDUCTING CLINICAL TRIALS
Claudia Richter Senior Clinical Research Associate PAREXEL International
- State Registered Pediatric Nurse
- in Medical Education
- Almost 15 years of experience in Clinical Research
- Extensive clinical trial experience covering Phase II-Phase IV studies
- Therapeutic areas: Oncology, internal medicine and paediatrics
YOUR LECTURER FOR CLINICAL DATA MANAGEMENT / CLINICAL LOGISTICS
Birgitt Woehrle Consultant Quality & Technology/ Trainer Data Management PAREXEL Academy
- State Registered Nurse (10 years experience, specialized in cardiology)
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 13 years experience as Clinical Data Analyst in Clinical Research (Phase II - III)
- 15 years experience in Clinical Research
YOUR LECTURER FOR EFFECTIVE REPORTING – FROM LAB TO MARKET
Dr Andrea Schaefer Principal Medical Writer PAREXEL International
- Diploma in Biology and doctorate in Natural Science
- Work experience as Head Medical Writer, Medical Journalist and freelance Medical Writer
- Medical writing, pharmacovigilance and cross-cultural communication
- Teacher for Medical Writing PAREXEL Academy’s Bachelor in Clinical Research program
How can taking this course help me with a future career in clinical research?
The expert-led modules, extensive use of role plays and true-to-life case studies give you invaluable insight into the workings of the clinical research industry. This gives NUSAGE-PAREXEL graduates a huge advantage over candidates with no relevant knowledge or qualifications. Past PAREXEL-NUSAGE graduates have gone on to work in Singapore, Australia and Taiwan as:
- Clinical Monitor (Clinical Research Associate)
- Clinical Trial Specialist in Study Start-Up
- Project Assistants to Clinical Operations Leaders
- Research Operations Associate
- Drug Safety Specialist
Will I get a job at PAREXEL if I do this course?
There is no guarantee of subsequent employment at PAREXEL. However, should suitable employment opportunities arise with PAREXEL International, you will be encouraged to apply for them and will have ‘preferred candidate’ status over external candidates.
I am a fresh graduate. Can I apply for this course?
Yes, this course will be very beneficial to fresh graduates with relevant degrees seeking a fulfilling career in Clinical Research. Career changers are also welcome.
I am currently employed, but would like to take this course. Can I apply for this course?
Yes, since this programme is being delivered in a blended format (‘Flipped Classroom’), you can attend this programme even while working.
The remote learning part for each module is offered 2 weeks before the live part starts, so that you have enough time to prepare yourself for each module.
You only need to make sure that you will be available for the live training (one long weekend per month).
Can I continue my normal job during the remote learning weeks?
Yes, during the remote learning weeks students are provided with recorded presentations and tasks to complete. These can be reviewed and completed whenever you feel comfortable.
Only the assessment as proof that you have completed this part of each module needs to be completed at a certain time point.
How is the course assessed?
There are two assessment components:
- The first assessment is carried out before the face-to-face part starts. This is to ensure that the remote part of the module has been completed satisfactorily.
- The second assessment (a written examination) is carried out after the face-to-face part of the module.