Part-time professional certification program from Parexel and NUSAGE. Online training and 4 face-to-face weekend sessions in Singapore: Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Monitoring, Data Management and Technologies, Clinical Supplies and Project Management. Program language: English
About the program
The program is taught completely in English as a mixture of online and face-to-face training, requiring participants to be in Singapore once per module. It consists of 4 modules taught over a 4-month period:
- Regulatory Affairs (Guidelines and Laws in Clinical Research)
- Clinical Monitoring (Site management and quality assurance)
- Data Management and Technologies (Processing of data and generating final reports)
- Clinical Supplies and Project Management (Clinical supply chain and managing logistics)
Closely combining theory and practice, the program ensures a broad knowledge of all key areas of clinical research. On completion of the program, you can expect to work as a Clinical Monitor (Clinical Research Associate), Data Manager, Logistics Manager or Quality Manager.
Who is this program for?
- Career entrants / fresh graduates
- Industry newcomers
- Anyone currently working in the medical or scientific field, seeking a career change
- Industry professionals wishing to update, extend or deepen their understanding of clinical research
- Relevant science degree (e.g. biology, pharmaceutical science, medicine, chemistry, nutritional sciences, mathematics, physics)
- Very good written and spoken English (Language test required (IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL iBT score 94) if prior studies not completed in English
- Strong communication skills
Your lecturer for Regulatory Affairs
Consultant Academic Affairs
- Master's Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Licensed Pharmacist (Switzerland and Germany)
- 12 years of experience as a Hospital Pharmacist
- Extended experience in Clinical Research since 2003
Your lecturer for Clinical Monitoring
Manager Program Development Parexel Academy
- State Registered Pediatric Nurse since 1992
- MSc in Nursing Science/ Medical Education since 2001
- 18 years of experience as CRA with Parexel, covering Phase II-Phase IV studies
- Trainer & Consultant Academic Affairs with Parexel Academy since 2006, Manager Program Development since 2019
Your lecturer for Data Management and Technologies
Consultant Quality & Technology/ Trainer Data Management
- State Registered Nurse (10 years experience, specialized in cardiology)
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 13 years experience as Clinical Data Analyst in Clinical Research (Phase II - III)
- 15 years experience in Clinical Research
Your lecturer for Clinical Supplies and Project Management
Dr Andrea Zobel
Senior Director & Global Head Parexel Academy
- Biochemist, PhD Scientist in Academia and Biotech
- From founding member to Director EMEA Parexel Clinical Logistics (2004 – 2011)
- VP in Pharmalogistics at Marken (2012 - 2015)
- Sen. Director Parexel CTS&L - Portfolio & Product Management (2015 - 2018)
- Senior Director Parexel Academy since 2018
How can taking this course help me with a future career in clinical research?
The expert-led modules, extensive use of role plays and true-to-life case studies give you invaluable insight into the workings of the clinical research industry. This gives NUSAGE-Parexel graduates a huge advantage over candidates with no relevant knowledge or qualifications. Past NUSAGE-Parexel graduates have gone on to work in Singapore, Australia and Taiwan as:
- Clinical Monitor (Clinical Research Associate)
- Clinical Trial Specialist in Study Start-Up
- Project Assistants to Clinical Operations Leaders
- Research Operations Associate
- Drug Safety Specialist
Will I get a job at Parexel if I do this course?
There is no guarantee of subsequent employment at Parexel. However, should suitable employment opportunities arise with Parexel International, you will be encouraged to apply for them and will have ‘preferred candidate’ status over external candidates.
I am a fresh graduate. Can I apply for this course?
Yes, this course will be very beneficial to fresh graduates with relevant degrees seeking a fulfilling career in Clinical Research. Career changers are also welcome.
I am currently employed, but would like to take this course. Can I apply for this course?
Yes, since this programme is being delivered in a blended format (‘Flipped Classroom’), you can attend this programme even while working.
The remote learning part for each module is offered 2 weeks before the live part starts, so that you have enough time to prepare yourself for each module.
You only need to make sure that you will be available for the live training (one long weekend per month).
Can I continue my normal job during the remote learning weeks?
Yes, during the remote learning weeks students are provided with recorded presentations and tasks to complete. These can be reviewed and completed whenever you feel comfortable.
Only the assessment as proof that you have completed this part of each module needs to be completed at a certain time point.
How is the course assessed?
There are two assessment components:
- The first assessment is carried out before the face-to-face part starts. This is to ensure that the remote part of the module has been completed satisfactorily.
- The second assessment (a written examination) is carried out after the face-to-face part of the module.